The Penn State WebAccess system is Penn State’s Single-Sign-On (SSO) solution, providing an environment in which users can authenticate/log in one time with their respective Access Account to a central server in order to access multiple services protected with WebAccess without needing to re-authenticate.
- Provides a single-sign-on solution for Penn State services and resources (published services using WebAccess)
- Restricts access to protected sites
- Pre-set timeouts to minimize exposure of forgotten web browser sessions
Service Availability and Maintenance
Service is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
To keep systems running at peak performance and to ensure the best possible service, routine testing and maintenance is performed during the daily maintenance window from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. EST/EDT. During this time, systems and services may be affected. Unanticipated urgent service issues may require maintenance at other times.
There is no charge to Penn State customers for this service.
Customers for this service are departments and designated affiliate departments within Penn State, as well as vendors who wish to implement CoSign instead of SAML (Shibboleth).
- Incorporating WebAccess into a Website: CoSign Filter
- Instructions (Basic and Advanced) for Installing Filters
Features and Notes
- Registering your website
- Multi-Realm Support (Access and FPS accounts)
- IPv6 Support
- Logout Processing
- Requiring Security Tokens
- Intermediate Certificate Authorities
- Filters (protected websites) behind a Firewall
- How to list a web site on the WebAccess Services Page
- QA Test Service
- Community-contributed Notes
- Past Notices
Check the Support page for information in Identity Services and IT Service desk support.